You said it! Kick-Off Meeting Starts Discussion on Winnetka’s Business Districts
The kick-off meeting for Winnetka’s Downtown Master Plan was held the evening of October 12th at the Winnetka Community House. Steering Committee members and Working Groups gathered from 6-9pm with the consultant team and started the night by venturing out on walking tours through downtown. Participants stopped at different points along the way to discuss opportunities and general feedback unique to each vantage point and area. After the walking tours, individuals reconvened at the Winnetka Community House, and sat down in groups to consider the top issues, opportunities and priorities facing each of the three business districts. The three discussion questions and an overview of overall themes are listed below; click here to view a detailed summary.
- What are the Greatest Assets of Elm Street District?
- Attractive architecture, charm, appearance, scale
- Variety and mix of retailers and unique merchants
- Access and walkability
- Post Office Site
2. What are the Greatest Challenges Facing Hubbard Woods?
- Parking and traffic along Green Bay
- Lack of cohesion / mix of uses
3. What are the Greatest Needs of Indian Hill?
- Lack of identity
- Address high school population
- Safety and connectivity of street crossings at Green Bay and Winnetka