Join us next Monday, July 25th at 7pm to review the Draft Urban Design and Land Use Plans for Winnetka’s Downtown Master Plan. The evening will include a presentation of major recommendations and themes unique to each of these topics as they apply to Winnetka’s business districts. All of the recommendations take into account feedback and desires as heard through public outreach and meetings to date! Following the presentations and discussion by the Steering Committee, everyone who attends will have the opportunity to comment and share their input! Looking forward to seeing and hearing from you.
- July 25th Steering Committee Meeting
- Focus: Draft Land Use + Urban Design Plans
- Time: 7pm | Location: Village Hall, 510 Green Bay Rd
Have you seen the Draft Transportation and Market Plans as presented at the June 27th Steering Committee Meeting? Click below to view presentations on each!
Winnetka’s land use and development regulations were the focus of Tuesday evening’s Steering Committee meeting. From zoning and design review to the overlay, special uses and beyond. Michael Blue with Teska opened the discussion by asking a series of questions relating to the primary topic areas:
• What alternatives to current zoning procedures might be considered?
• How does the intent and application of the overlay district reflect the vision statements?
• What elements are most important to consider as part of the design review process?
• What type of administrative approval for some building elements (signs, awnings, etc.) would be appropriate?
All members took part in a productive and thorough 2-hour conversation that resulted in the following findings and considerations for next steps / plan actions. Scroll down to see idea boards showcasing talking points in greater detail.
The overlay district, signage, design review, zoning…
Join us next Tuesday, 7pm at Village Hall for a detailed discussion about Winnetka’s land use and regulatory process.
What works? What could be improved? Share your experiences and insights in person at the meeting and via the ‘Idea Zone’ – click here!
Land Use + Regulations Meeting
Tuesday May 31st
7pm Village Hall
510 Green Bay Road